Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Roseolla



My poor baby got Roseolla... bad! It was so sad to see him sick. A couple days after he turned 6 months (Wednesday 14th) he woke up and felt a bit warm. I didn't think much of it at first, thought maybe he was starting to teeth. After he woke up from his nap though, he was HOT and I took his temperature and it was 102. I gave him some Tylenol, but it wasn't doing too much. The next day (Thursday) I called the Dr and asked if I should bring him in. They told me to start rotating Tylenol and IB Profin and made an appt for the following morning. That evening his fever had broke at about 11pm and Friday morning it was still gone. I called the Dr's office and canceled the appt, since the fever had broke and Cole was showing no other signs of discomfort. However, after he took his nap he woke up with a fever again. I called the Dr's office and took him in that afternoon. The Dr checked him out and said that there was nothing else wrong, ears looked good, throat looked good, etc. and that it was probably Roseolla and that she had seen a couple cases of it. She told me that he would probably get a rash in the next day or so, however if his fever didn't break by Monday to bring him back. Thankfully his fever broke again that evening and he slept the whole night. By morning he was just a bit warm but was very fussy... not his normal self. By Saturday afternoon... it arrived. The "rose" like rash started on his forehead and just moved down his body. Poor thing was just not himself for a couple days. Thankfully though it passed through him and he is his happy ole self again!

No comments:

Post a Comment